Applicable to the Amazon Echo, Echo Tap, and Echo Dot
- Download the Amazon Alexa app to your smartphone or computer and sign in with your Amazon account.
- Plug in the Echo using the included power adapter.
- Connect to the wireless network broadcasted by your echo.
- Broadcasting a network from your Echo is only allowed during setup. Broadcasting a network from your Echo after setup is a violation of OIT Cyber Security and Acceptable Use policies.
- Record the MAC address of the Echo, located at the bottom of the first screen in the Alexa app.
- Fill out the device registration form or visit us at one of our service hubs to obtain a 4-month registration for your device.
- Once we have let you know that your device has been registered, you can connect it to the network by selecting GTother from the list of wireless networks in the Alexa app.
- Enter the password for GTother found here when prompted by the Alexa app.
- If presented with a screen asking to perform an action, click continue.
- Connect your phone to GTother to complete the setup process.