Applicable to the Amazon Echo, Echo Tap, and Echo Dot
- Download the Amazon Alexa app to your smartphone or computer and sign in with your Amazon account.
- Plug in the Echo using the included power adapter.
- Connect to the wireless network broadcasted by your echo.
- Broadcasting a network from your Echo is only allowed during setup. Broadcasting a network from your Echo after setup is a violation of the Computer Network Usage and Security Policy.
- Record the MAC address of the Echo, located at the bottom of the first screen in the Alexa app.
- On a device already connected to the internet, navigate to https://auth.lawn.gatech.edu. Enter your GT credentials and select Login a Different Device. Enter the MAC Address from step 4 in the MAC Address field. Click Login.
- Select GTother from the list of wireless networks.
- Enter the WPA2 Encryption Key for GTother found here when prompted by the Alex app.
- If presented with a screen asking to perform an action, click continue.
- Connect your phone to GTother to complete the setup process.
- You will need to repeat step 5 after each session on the wireless network as the self-serve registration expires after a period of inactivity. It is recommended that residents obtain a persistent 4-month registration for their Echo. To register your device, fill out the device registration form or visit us at one of our service hubs.