Wireless Internet Connection
The Apple TV can be connected to GTother by following the steps below:
- With the Apple TV powered on, navigate to Settings -> General -> Network -> Wi-Fi
- Select "GTother" from the list of available networks
- Enter the GTother security key, found here.
- A connection test should automatically run. The test should fail - this is normal.
- On a computer already connected to the internet, go to https://auth.lawn.gatech.edu.
- Enter your GT account credentials, but do not click "Login". Click "Options".
- Select "Login a Different Device and enter the MAC address displayed on the Apple TV's screen. This is a set of numbers and letters separated by colons.
- Click "Login"
- Upon running another connection test, your Apple TV should now have internet access.
Note that you will need to repeat steps 5 to 9 each time you wish to use internet-provided services on your Apple TV. To avoid this, we can register your Apple TV for a persistent four-month reigstration that will automatically sign it in to GTother each time you wish to use it. If you would like us to do this for you, please submit a help request and we'll be happy to assist.
Wired Internet Connection (No Router)
The Apple TV can be connected to the START wired network by following the instructions below:
- Connect a CAT5e (or better) network cable from the network port on the wall in your room (usually labeled "DATA", yellow/gray in color, or at the bottom of your faceplate) to the network port on the back of the Apple TV.
- With the Apple TV powered on, navigate to Settings -> General -> Network. You should see a screen listing various network settings, including an IP Address and MAC address. Leave this screen open for now as we'll need information from it.
- On a computer already connected to the internet, go to http://start.gatech.edu and sign in with your GT account credentials.
- Select "Register a Different Device".
- Enter the MAC address displayed on the Apple TV's screen in the "MAC Address" field.
- Select "Residence Hall" or "Greek House" as appropriate.
- Enter a brief description for the device, such as "George's Apple TV"
- Select "Enabled" for ISS Firewall.
- Click "I accept responsibility for this device - Continue Registration". You should see a confirmation screen.
- Unplug your Apple TV from power and leave it unplugged for at least two (2) minutes. Upon reconnecting power, your Apple TV should be connected to the internet.