Wireless Internet Connection
The Apple TV can be connected to GTother by following the steps below:
- With the Apple TV powered on, navigate to Settings -> General -> Network -> Wi-Fi
- Select "GTother" from the list of available networks
- Enter the GTother security key, found here.
- A connection test should automatically run. The test should fail - this is normal.
- If you have an Apple TV 4th generation, navigate to Settings -> General -> About and take note of the Wireless MAC address. If you have an older generation Apple TV, navigate to Settings -> General -> About to find the Wireless Identifier.
- On a computer already connected to the internet, submit a device registration request with the MAC address your just found to obtain a 4-month registration for your Apple TV.
- After we have informed you that your registration is complete, you will need to completely unplug the Apple TV to fully reboot it. Once it boots back up, it should be able to connect to the Internet.
Wired Internet Connection (No Router)
The Apple TV can be connected to the START wired network by following the instructions below:
- Connect a CAT5e (or better) network cable from the network port on the wall in your room (usually labeled "DATA", yellow/gray in color, or at the bottom of your faceplate) to the network port on the back of the Apple TV.
- With the Apple TV powered on, navigate to Settings -> General -> Network. You should see a screen listing various network settings, including an IP Address and MAC address. Leave this screen open for now as we'll need information from it.
- On a computer already connected to the internet, go to http://start.gatech.edu and sign in with your GT account credentials.
- Select "Register a Different Device".
- Enter the MAC address displayed on the Apple TV's screen in the "MAC Address" field.
- Select "Residence Hall" or "Greek House" as appropriate.
- Enter a brief description for the device, such as "George's Apple TV"
- Select "Enabled" for ISS Firewall.
- Click "I accept responsibility for this device - Continue Registration". You should see a confirmation screen.
- Unplug your Apple TV from power and leave it unplugged for at least two (2) minutes. Upon reconnecting power, your Apple TV should be connected to the internet.