All Georgia Tech residence halls include one cable TV outlet in every bedroom with an additional outlet in apartment living rooms. Televisions are provided in some common area lounges throughout the residence halls as well.
For more information about the Georgia Tech Cable Network please visit https://gtcn.gatech.edu.
To receive channels on the Georgia Tech Cable Network, you will need to perform a Channel Scan on your TV. Below are generalized instructions for performing a scan. Specific procedures vary from manufacturer to manufacturer - Consult your TV's user guide for specific instructions.
- Open your TV's options or setup menu, usually done with the "Menu" button on your remote.
- Navigate to the "Channel" section of the setup menu.
- Select the "Auto Program", "Channel Search", "Channel Scan", "Auto Tune" or similarly-named option.
- If prompted to select between "Air" and "Cable", select "Cable".
*Towers Residents select "Air"
- If prompted to select between "HRC", "IRC", and "STD", select "STD".
- The channel scan will take between 10 and 30 minutes, depending on your television. Upon completion, you should receive approximately 110 channels.
If you do not receive this many channels, or if you have any other difficulties, please submit a help request and we'll be happy to assist.
- Many televisions don't work correctly with GTCN due to not having the appropriate integrated tuner. Check our list of known incompatible televisions to see if your TV is compatible.
- Is your coaxial cable (the black cable that connects to the wall) a RG-6 quad-shielded cable? Using low-quality or non-quad-shielded cables may cause degraded channel reception (missing channels, no audio, stuttering picture) due to interference from nearby broadcasters such as WREK and Turner Broadcasting. RG-6 quad-shielded cables may be purchased at Barnes & Noble in Technology Square.
- Are you only receiving channel 54 (instructing you to contact us for assistance)? If so, your TV most likely does not have the appropriate tuner to receive channels on GTCN. Please contact us for further information/assistance on how to rectify the issue. More details on required tuners can be found here.
- If you're still having problems, we're here to help! Please submit a help request and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.